Apple's new PowerBook 150 doesn't work properly with most internal modems, according to Global Village, makers of the PowerPort modems. Apparently Apple's original 2400 bps fax/data PowerBook modem works, but that's about it, even though Apple intended for all modems designed for 100-series PowerBooks to work. The problem seems to be related to the power supplied to the modem through the internal port. Global Village has been working with Apple to solve the problem, and expects a software fix will be available soon. [MHA]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard