We're in Boston for Macworld Expo this week, which means several things. First, although we are receiving email, replies may be delayed. Secondly, since this is the first time we've created and released an issue completely on the PowerBook 100, there may be some glitches, and in particular, we can't double-check URLs contained in this issue. If they don't work, try stripping off the last item in the URL and navigating in manually the last step of the way. Third, for those who would like to stop by, I'll be participating in a conference discussion on the Internet at 4:00 PM on Tuesday (you need a conference pass to attend), and Tonya and I will both be around the Hayden booth at various times. I'm sure some sort of signing will be scheduled, but don't know any details. [ACE]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.