Pythaeus writes to tell us that although Apple has developed a new 68040 emulator for the Power Macintosh that reportedly runs twice as fast as the emulator, the new emulator cannot run on existing Power Macs due to ROM incompatibilities. The problem apparently lies with having too many 68040 cache-flushing calls in the current Power Mac ROMs, and those calls destroy the performance increase of the new emulator. These calls will be fixed in future Power Mac ROMs, but the new emulator code won't work on current Power Macs. [ACE]
Manage Multiple ChronoSync Documents
If you have multiple ChronoSync documents and need to run your syncs or backups manually, you may find it taxing to open each ChronoSync document and execute it manually. There are two easy methods to simplify managing multiple ChronoSync documents.
- You can add the ChronoSync documents to a Container document. A Container holds multiple ChronoSync documents and enables you to control several ChronoSync documents as if they were one document.
- You can make use of the Scheduled Documents Manager window to collect and organize commonly used ChronoSync documents without scheduling them.
Both methods allow you to schedule or manually run your syncs and backups.
Visit ChronoSync Tips
Published in TidBITS 236.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- New TidBITS Web URL
- DropStuff and StuffIt Expander to Expire
- Newton and Windows users
- Yet another spec sheet error
- Lack of PowerPC-native Utilities
- The PowerPort/Gold
- Jon Pugh
- FullWrite List
- FullWrite Upgrade
- GlobalFax for Power Macs
- New Display, New Keyboard
- More Mobile Macs
- Transition to PowerPC: RAM Doubler 1.5