Jon Pugh <firstname.lastname@example.org> commented in email that Star Trek: The Next Generation had little Newton-like devices all over on the bridge. Jon mused half-jokingly that if Apple could keep the Newton alive for a few hundred years, we'd be all set. My immediate reaction was that Apple is marketing to the wrong niche - instead of doctors and delivery people, Apple should market the Newton to Star Trek fans. It sounds silly, but with the proper logo and a custom interface... .[ACE]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.
Published in TidBITS 236.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- New TidBITS Web URL
- DropStuff and StuffIt Expander to Expire
- Newton and Windows users
- Yet another spec sheet error
- Lack of PowerPC-native Utilities
- The PowerPort/Gold
- FullWrite List
- FullWrite Upgrade
- GlobalFax for Power Macs
- New Display, New Keyboard
- More Mobile Macs
- Transition to PowerPC: RAM Doubler 1.5