Macintosh TV Redux -- Pythaeus comments that the major feature I forgot to mention in last week's article on Macintosh TV is that the entire unit is completely black, other than the Apple Platinum dust door on the CD player. The infrared remote can boot and shut down the Mac as well as control the TV and the CD, but you must change TV image settings from the keyboard. The 8 MB RAM barrier, as with the 10 MB barrier on the LC and LC II, is due to an el-cheapo memory controller. We also hear from Pythaeus that Macintosh TV is a one-shot deal, although future Macs may include a new "video slot" that accommodates a TV tuner for Macintosh TV-type capabilities or a card for video I/O.
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
- 1Password 6.0.2
- Carbon Copy Cloner 4.1.7
- Final Cut Pro X 10.2.3, Motion 5.2.3, Compressor 4.2.2
- Banktivity 5.6.5 (formerly iBank)
- DEVONthink/DEVONnote 2.8.9
- Tweetbot 2.3.3
- Little Snitch 3.6.3
- Printer Drivers for Gestetner, Lanier, NRG, Savin, and Xerox Printers
- Lightroom CC 2015.4 and Lightroom 6.4
- Mac App Store Update for OS X Snow Leopard
- Macintosh TV: It Slices, It Dices (15 Nov 93)