InterNews Caveats -- A number of people wrote in response to my InterNews review to note that it isn't as fast as Nuntius and cannot display (though it can save) text after the first 32K, which causes problems with long messages such as the Info-Mac Digest posted in comp.sys.mac.digest (but TidBITS sneaks in, since it's almost always less than 32K). A few bugs were flushed out by the release, and Roger Brown said that he's working on fixing them, so keep an eye out for an update this fall.
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software