SimCity 2000 Bummer -- Joe Holmes <email@example.com> writes, "I checked out the SimCity 2000 prototype they had on display at Expo - until I asked if it could run in 16 colors. Nope. Black and white? Nope. I guess Tonya won't be able to play on the PowerBook 100. I won't be able to play on my Duo, even attached via MiniDock to my Apple Portrait Display. The same goes for PowerBook owners unless you have a 165c or 180c." [And then your battery won't last long enough to play much on the plane anyway. SimCity 2000 is destined to remain on the desktop. Perhaps the game needs all the colors to display all the neat new aspects of a city. Still, since we mainly play SimCity in airports and when we feel sick and want to be in bed, this seems a major trade-off -Adam & Tonya]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.