IN CONTROL Offer -- I guess Attain liked Matt Neuburg's review of IN CONTROL in the last issue since they have made it easier for TidBITS readers to check out the program and expand their wardrobes at the same time. If you order via email to <email@example.com> you will receive IN CONTROL 2.0 and an IN CONTROL t-shirt for $75, which includes shipping within the U.S. That's about $10 cheaper than mail order, and you get the t-shirt. I didn't receive further details in time, but I assume you would have to include your shipping address, telephone number, and credit card type, number, and expiration date.
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software