PageMaker's not alone -- Mark H. Anbinder writes to clarify his comments about PageMaker's capability of dragging objects between document windows in TidBITS #188. "Thanks to everyone who's commented that XPress has offered this feature for some time. As a long-time XPress user myself, I am aware of this but was attempting to focus on the fact that Aldus, in giving PageMaker the capability to handle multiple documents, had done it right. I never intended to suggest that no one else had done so, just that much of the rest of the market has not."
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.