Color-less Classic -- A friend at Apple notes that Color Classic users can move the contrast slider bar in the Screen Control Panel all the way to the left, making the screen go pitch black. It would seem that users in that situation are stuck, since they can't see the slider bar any more, but pushing the screen contrast button on the Color Classic's front bezel will bring the screen back up.
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.