UnMountIt Availability -- George Headley <email@example.com> writes to tell us that UnMountIt, the free utility from Apple that aids in unmounting shared removable volumes, is available on <ftp.apple.com> for anonymous FTP. Look for /dts/mac/hacks/fsid.hqx which contains several utilities in disk image form (use DiskCopy to read it).
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard