Performa Mail -- Bill Waits, who provided us with some of the information we used in last week's bit about new Performas, asks that people please stop requesting more information, especially about the Performa 430 and the modems, about which he has no information. It's not as though these Performas are interesting. They are exactly the same as comparable Mac LC IIs and LC IIIs, except they cost more and you buy them at Sears. In addition, I'm hearing of problems with installing System 7.1 over System 7.0.1P or 7.1P on the Performa 450 and 600. Apparently the enablers won't cooperate.
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software