The European pricing article in TidBITS-168 prompted a tremendous response, which I've forwarded in part to various groups, where I hope the discussion will continue. It's difficult and time-consuming for me to repost comments so please, consider posting comments to a group before sending them to me personally. If you do send them to me, please note if you DON'T want me to repost them anywhere (I avoid anything that's obviously sensitive, but I'm not omniscient).
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software