There is a version of "CPro 1.41.sea" [masquerading as an update to Compact Pro -Adam] that is really a Trojan. It will attempt to erase your startup volume and any floppy in disk drive one. We haven't finished fully analyzing it yet so it is possible it may do more. So far it has only been sighted in Michigan. You can tell it from any legitimate version by a 312K snd resource called "log jingle."
Avoid Long Hierarchical Menus
If you right-click (or Control-click) on some item, such as a file in the Finder, and one of the sub-menus has many options (Open With is a frequent culprit), it may take several seconds to open, even on a fast machine, which is annoying if you did not actually want that sub-menu.
The trick is to not pull the cursor through the menu, but in a curve around it, so the cursor does not touch any menu items until lower on the list where you wanted to go.
Visit Eolake's Blog
Published in TidBITS 158.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Lotus Number
- Nisus Drag & Drop
- Compatibility Checker Comments
- Gatekeeper Message
- Nisus and Expressionist
- Macworld Expo SF 1993
- Most Interesting Hardware: SmartStack
- Booth Most Likely to Drive You Stark Raving Mad
- Best Giveaway: Video Toaster Tape
- Best Buttons: Peachpit Press
- Best Hat: Robin Williams
- Best Financial Reason to Attend: StuffIt Deluxe
- Most Promising Game: The Journeyman Project
- Apple Adjustable Keyboard
- Alert! Most Likely to Succeed, If...