There is a version of "CPro 1.41.sea" [masquerading as an update to Compact Pro -Adam] that is really a Trojan. It will attempt to erase your startup volume and any floppy in disk drive one. We haven't finished fully analyzing it yet so it is possible it may do more. So far it has only been sighted in Michigan. You can tell it from any legitimate version by a 312K snd resource called "log jingle."
How to Know Your iPod Model
If you have an old iPod but aren't sure exactly which model it is, check the info at the Web page linked below. You'll find lots of photos and information that will help you determine exactly which model you have.
Visit Identifying iPod Models
Published in TidBITS 158.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Lotus Number
- Nisus Drag & Drop
- Compatibility Checker Comments
- Gatekeeper Message
- Nisus and Expressionist
- Macworld Expo SF 1993
- Most Interesting Hardware: SmartStack
- Booth Most Likely to Drive You Stark Raving Mad
- Best Giveaway: Video Toaster Tape
- Best Buttons: Peachpit Press
- Best Hat: Robin Williams
- Best Financial Reason to Attend: StuffIt Deluxe
- Most Promising Game: The Journeyman Project
- Apple Adjustable Keyboard
- Alert! Most Likely to Succeed, If...