There is a version of "CPro 1.41.sea" [masquerading as an update to Compact Pro -Adam] that is really a Trojan. It will attempt to erase your startup volume and any floppy in disk drive one. We haven't finished fully analyzing it yet so it is possible it may do more. So far it has only been sighted in Michigan. You can tell it from any legitimate version by a 312K snd resource called "log jingle."
Enter Dashboard, Expose, or Spaces Temporarily
Hold down F9, F10, F11, or F12 (or whatever you've set for the Expose and Spaces keyboard shortcuts) for a few seconds, and then release the key to enter and leave the appropriate mode without having to press the key again. This is particularly useful for Dashboard, in which you can check the contents of a widget and then return to your work with only a single key press.
Visit plucky tree
Published in TidBITS 158.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Lotus Number
- Nisus Drag & Drop
- Compatibility Checker Comments
- Gatekeeper Message
- Nisus and Expressionist
- Macworld Expo SF 1993
- Most Interesting Hardware: SmartStack
- Booth Most Likely to Drive You Stark Raving Mad
- Best Giveaway: Video Toaster Tape
- Best Buttons: Peachpit Press
- Best Hat: Robin Williams
- Best Financial Reason to Attend: StuffIt Deluxe
- Most Promising Game: The Journeyman Project
- Apple Adjustable Keyboard
- Alert! Most Likely to Succeed, If...