There is a version of "CPro 1.41.sea" [masquerading as an update to Compact Pro -Adam] that is really a Trojan. It will attempt to erase your startup volume and any floppy in disk drive one. We haven't finished fully analyzing it yet so it is possible it may do more. So far it has only been sighted in Michigan. You can tell it from any legitimate version by a 312K snd resource called "log jingle."
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Encrypted Screen Sharing in Snow Leopard
In Snow Leopard, screen sharing in iChat can now be encrypted if both parties sharing a screen have MobileMe accounts and have enabled encryption (iChat > Preferences > Accounts > Security).
Published in TidBITS 158.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Lotus Number
- Nisus Drag & Drop
- Compatibility Checker Comments
- Gatekeeper Message
- Nisus and Expressionist
- Macworld Expo SF 1993
- Most Interesting Hardware: SmartStack
- Booth Most Likely to Drive You Stark Raving Mad
- Best Giveaway: Video Toaster Tape
- Best Buttons: Peachpit Press
- Best Hat: Robin Williams
- Best Financial Reason to Attend: StuffIt Deluxe
- Most Promising Game: The Journeyman Project
- Apple Adjustable Keyboard
- Alert! Most Likely to Succeed, If...