A truly silly award to author Robin Williams, who has the third edition of the Little Mac Book out (it's getting a bit bigger, though), and pre-release copies of a new little book called "Tabs and Indents." I leave it as an exercise to the reader to determine the topic of that book. Anyway, back to the award, Robin once again wore the most interesting hats of the show while the rest of us dressed in our "Ken and Barbie Go to Macworld" costumes. I unfortunately forgot my fish tie.
Access OpenType Font Features
OpenType fonts (.otf) often have special features, such as swashes and alternate characters, that are accessible in any app that uses the OS X font panel, including Pages and TextEdit. To access them, type and select your text, press Command-T to open the font panel, and then choose Typography from the Actions pop-up menu. That shows the Typography panel, where you can toggle available options for the font and characters you've selected.
Published in TidBITS 158.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Lotus Number
- Nisus Drag & Drop
- Compatibility Checker Comments
- YAT - Yet Another Trojan
- Gatekeeper Message
- Nisus and Expressionist
- Macworld Expo SF 1993
- Most Interesting Hardware: SmartStack
- Booth Most Likely to Drive You Stark Raving Mad
- Best Giveaway: Video Toaster Tape
- Best Buttons: Peachpit Press
- Best Financial Reason to Attend: StuffIt Deluxe
- Most Promising Game: The Journeyman Project
- Apple Adjustable Keyboard
- Alert! Most Likely to Succeed, If...