Pythaeus notes that as of the following dates both the StyleWriter (06-Jan-93) and the 13" Hi-Res RGB (14-Dec-92) will be discontinued and removed from price lists. I gather the StyleWriter has been in short supply in many places for quite some time in preparation for the release of the StyleWriter II, which will be faster, weirdly shaped in a different way, and capable of being shared among Macs on an AppleTalk network (shades of ShadowWriter, see above) by a program called GrayShare. So if you've been waiting for a StyleWriter, make sure you get your order changed to a StyleWriter II. The 13" monitors may be in slightly better supply, and if dealers are trying to get rid of them in favor of the new 14" monitors (same picture size, but a truly beautiful monitor) you may be able to find a lower price for the remaining 13" units.
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.
Published in TidBITS 157.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Easy View response time
- DAT Note
- ATM Patch
- LaserWriter IIf/IIg ROM Upgrade
- ShadowWriter networks 'em all
- A/UX Follies
- Compatibility Checker 2.0
- PhoneNet Talk Upgrade
- Newton Notes
- Lotus Upgrade
- Apple & AOL
- AutoDoubler 2.0
- FirstClass Deal
- Copying Utilities
- Nisus XS Rumors
- WriteNow Bugs
- Apple Multimedia Program
- User Group 7.1 Pricing