Mark H. Anbinder writes, "Those of you with an eagle eye may have spotted a hint of an unknown Macintosh after this month's release of System 7.1. The Installer script for 7.1, if you click on the "Customize" button, will offer an option to install system software for "Macintosh IIvi/IIvm/IIvx." Is it the Ghost of Macintosh Future? Nope... apparently Apple planned a IIvm, but has said "This string was included when a Mac IIvm was in planning and was never pulled out." We'll be satisfied if this is the worst "bug" left in System 7.1 following its beta-testing period."
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard