Fileserver files -- For those of you who experienced difficulty in receiving files while I attended the show, please try again. We had some modem difficulties which I can now handle. In addition, keep in mind that the information files from Salient and Infogrip will not remain on the server indefinitely, so I recommend sending email to <firstname.lastname@example.org> for the index if you want information about Infogrip's chord keyboard or Salient's compression products (including an incredibly useful list of known conflicts with other programs).
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.