Judge Walker of the US District Court of Northern California upheld his earlier ruling in favor of Microsoft in the long-standing suit with Apple over various visual displays in Windows. Judge Walker ruled that all the visual displays in question fell into one of three categories, licensed, unprotectible, or simply different. Interestingly, last week Lotus won its look and feel suit against Borland for Borland's use of the 1-2-3 menu structure in Quattro Pro. It's a strange and slimy land out there, and perhaps we'll look at this in more depth in a future article.
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.