We're back from vacation, which we enjoyed on the whole, but we could have done without the unplanned seven hour bus ride from New York City to Ithaca on a transit-style bus that could barely do 45 miles per hour on the freeway. Isn't traveling fun? For those of you making the pilgrimage to Boston in August, good luck with your flights, and I hope to see you there.
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software