Another plus for ClarisWorks is its simple macro feature, available in every document type. These are record-only macros; there are no scripts to save or edit via a command language. Macros can be saved in separate ClarisWorks files and used, when appropriate, in different document types than the one they were created in. You have to assign every macro an command-option-key keystroke or a function key, a feature which allows the creation of keyboard equivalents for virtually any menu item, tool, or operation. (I quickly found this particularly appropriate for switching between custom scaled views.) One nice feature of the macro implementation is the ability to record pauses for communications sequences, and to make macros wait for certain tasks to finish before proceeding.
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
- 1Password 6.0.2
- Carbon Copy Cloner 4.1.7
- Final Cut Pro X 10.2.3, Motion 5.2.3, Compressor 4.2.2
- Banktivity 5.6.5 (formerly iBank)
- DEVONthink/DEVONnote 2.8.9
- Tweetbot 2.3.3
- Little Snitch 3.6.3
- Printer Drivers for Gestetner, Lanier, NRG, Savin, and Xerox Printers
- Lightroom CC 2015.4 and Lightroom 6.4
- Mac App Store Update for OS X Snow Leopard