New Address -- For those of you on the Internet, my address shrank recently, so you can now send email to <firstname.lastname@example.org> although mail to the old address will still be forwarded. I'm also planning to do a series of short articles on the various electronic services with an eye to how they interconnect and where TidBITS is stored on each one, so stay tuned.
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.