(12) If you have an existing Scrapbook file in your System Folder when you install System 7, the Installer will not replace it with the new file. The new Scrapbook file has some neat stuff, so you will want to combine the two using a utility such as SmartScrap if you need to keep the contents of the old one. If you have a custom desktop pattern, the Installer will not overwrite your desktop patterns with the standard 7.0 patterns for the same reason.
(13) Under System 7.0 the boot blocks always mark the startup application as the Finder, and the Mac expects that all startup items will be in the Startup Items folder in the System Folder. To make a disk boot up another application (like a special installer program or Disinfectant) instead of the Finder, boot with System 6, select the program you want to startup, and choose Set Startup from the Special menu.
(14) The Printing Installer Script only installs LaserWriter and Personal LaserWriter SC software. Use the full installer script for other printers.
Manage Multiple ChronoSync Documents
If you have multiple ChronoSync documents and need to run your syncs or backups manually, you may find it taxing to open each ChronoSync document and execute it manually. There are two easy methods to simplify managing multiple ChronoSync documents.
- You can add the ChronoSync documents to a Container document. A Container holds multiple ChronoSync documents and enables you to control several ChronoSync documents as if they were one document.
- You can make use of the Scheduled Documents Manager window to collect and organize commonly used ChronoSync documents without scheduling them.
Both methods allow you to schedule or manually run your syncs and backups.
Visit ChronoSync Tips
Put your company and products in front of tens of thousands of
savvy, committed Apple users who actually buy stuff.
More information: <http://tidbits.com/advertising.html>