AC Adapters for PowerBook Duos may all look alike, but they're not all the same. Apple just introduced a new unit, with item number M4174LL/B, which works with the new Duo 280 and 280c models, as well as all previous models; it replaces M2781LL/A, introduced earlier this month, which also works with the new and old models. The M4174LL/A adapter works only with the Duo 210, 230, 250, and 270c models. The new item number for the adapter that works with all Duos was probably adopted in order to avoid confusion. Nice try. [MHA]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.