BMUG MacFest '94 goes on this coming Saturday, 19-Mar-94, at UC Berkeley's ASUC Pauley Ballroom from 10 AM to 6 PM. It's sounds like a good time and should be a less-overwhelming trade show atmosphere than Macworld. Numerous vendors will exhibit, including Apple, Nisus, Adobe, Wacom, M.A.C., APS, Radius, Niles & Associates, Symantec, User Group Connection, Claris, Dantz, Maccess, Aladdin Systems and others. Admission is free, and a Performa will be raffled off. If you're in the San Francisco area, check it out.
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard