Macworld Expo Party List -- Ilene Hoffman <firstname.lastname@example.org> has posted the Robert Hess Memorial Macworld Events list (see TidBITS-310 for information about the late Robert Hess, who started the list) for the upcoming Macworld Expo in Boston from August 5th to August 8th. The list will change through August 6th, so don't assume that it's complete now. Do note that many of the events and parties during Macworld Boston require invitations; please don't ruin it for everyone by trying to crash invitation-only events. If you're hosting an event, you can submit a form with the information about your event or send it directly to Ilene. [ACE]
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree
- Goodbye Robert (15 Jan 96)