New from Aladdin -- Aladdin Systems has just released FlashBack 1.0 and Private File 1.0. The $69.95 FlashBack 1.0 (formerly Rev; see TidBITS-362) enables users to return to previously saved states of tracked documents. The $99.95 Private File 1.0 uses 128-bit encryption to encrypt documents transmitted over the Internet. The interface relies on drag & drop or an Encrypt command that Private File can add to some email programs. Private File comes with a two-user license and can be installed on Macintosh, Windows 95, or Windows NT systems. StuffIt Expander users can look forward to Aladdin adding Private File's basic features to future versions of StuffIt Expander. Aladdin Systems -- 408/761-6200 -- 408/761-6206 -- <email@example.com> [TJE]
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- Rev: Saving Us From Saver's Remorse (20 Jan 97)