New from Aladdin -- Aladdin Systems has just released FlashBack 1.0 and Private File 1.0. The $69.95 FlashBack 1.0 (formerly Rev; see TidBITS-362) enables users to return to previously saved states of tracked documents. The $99.95 Private File 1.0 uses 128-bit encryption to encrypt documents transmitted over the Internet. The interface relies on drag & drop or an Encrypt command that Private File can add to some email programs. Private File comes with a two-user license and can be installed on Macintosh, Windows 95, or Windows NT systems. StuffIt Expander users can look forward to Aladdin adding Private File's basic features to future versions of StuffIt Expander. Aladdin Systems -- 408/761-6200 -- 408/761-6206 -- <email@example.com> [TJE]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.
- Rev: Saving Us From Saver's Remorse (20 Jan 97)