More Successful Shareware Coming Soon -- Thanks to all the news this week, we ran out of space in this issue to continue Rick Holzgrafe's Successful Shareware article series. Don't worry, though, it will pick up again soon. [ACE]
- VMware Fusion 6.0.3 and Fusion 6.0.3 Professional
- DEVONagent Lite, Express, and Pro 3.8
- DEVONthink and DEVONnote 2.7.5
- OmniOutliner 4.0.5
- 1Password 4.3
- AirPort Base Station Firmware Update 7.7.3
- Paprika 2.0.3
- Security Update 2014-002 (Mavericks, Mountain Lion, and Lion)
- Microsoft Office 2011 14.4.1
- Adobe Flash Player 220.127.116.11
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree