Claris Reports Record Quarter -- Despite Apple's recently reported quarterly loss, other financial news relating to Apple is cheerful. Claris, a wholly owned software subsidiary of Apple, last week reported record gains for its fourth quarter and its fiscal year. Revenue for the quarter was $91.1 million and revenue for the year was $281.7 million. Claris has a policy of not revealing specific profits but noted that it has been profitable for the last 20 quarters and that the last quarter and year represented "record profits." Claris's sales have been boosted by the terrific popularity of Mac OS 8, which took second place (to the Windows 95 upgrade) on PC Data's best-sellers chart for August. The Mac OS 8 upgrade took 11th place. [TJE]
Add Hyperlinks to TextExpander Snippets
You can include a clickable link in a TextExpander snippet. Here's how:
- Create a new snippet.
- From the Content menu (just above the snippet body), choose Content: Formatted Text, Picture.
- Put a full URL in the snippet body, such as http://www.smilesoftware.com/
- Control-click the link text and choose Make Link from the pop-up menu.
After you've made the link, you can replace the visible URL with other text. Just put your cursor in the active link text and make changes as you would with any other text.
Published in TidBITS 402.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Stock Rises as Tech Stocks Tank
- Apple Announces New MessagePad
- New Version of Quicken Released
- FileMaker Pro 4.0
- Speed Doubler 8
- Dutch Mailing List Available
- Sour Greps
- I Sought the Serif
- Subscribe Your Browser to TidBITS
- Moving on to a New Challenge
- HTMLbits: Taking New Software Out for a Spin
- Betting the Orchard