Dutch Mailing List Available -- For those of you who like to read TidBITS in Dutch, you can now either read the issues on the Web or subscribe to a mailing list to receive issues automatically. To subscribe, send email to <firstname.lastname@example.org>. We'd like to thank the energetic Dutch translation team for adding email distribution to the great work that they're already doing - and thank them for the electronic congratulations card they sent us for our 400th issue with pictures of the entire team! [ACE]
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Published in TidBITS 402.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Stock Rises as Tech Stocks Tank
- Claris Reports Record Quarter
- Apple Announces New MessagePad
- New Version of Quicken Released
- FileMaker Pro 4.0
- Speed Doubler 8
- Sour Greps
- I Sought the Serif
- Subscribe Your Browser to TidBITS
- Moving on to a New Challenge
- HTMLbits: Taking New Software Out for a Spin
- Betting the Orchard