I Sought the Serif -- In my Font Reserve review in TidBITS-400, I lamented its lack of a printing feature. A splendid shareware utility supplies it: even if your fonts aren't loaded into the system, Font Gander Pro can show you what they look like and can print a highly customizable "font book." The $20 shareware Font Gander Pro is available as a 386K download. [MAN]
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- The Final Font Frontier (06 Oct 97)
Published in TidBITS 402.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Stock Rises as Tech Stocks Tank
- Claris Reports Record Quarter
- Apple Announces New MessagePad
- New Version of Quicken Released
- FileMaker Pro 4.0
- Speed Doubler 8
- Dutch Mailing List Available
- Sour Greps
- Subscribe Your Browser to TidBITS
- Moving on to a New Challenge
- HTMLbits: Taking New Software Out for a Spin
- Betting the Orchard