Connectix Updates Speed Doubler -- Connectix has posted an English updater for Speed Doubler that takes the recently released Speed Doubler 8.0 to 8.0.1A (see our MailBIT in TidBITS-402 for more Speed Doubler 8 information). If you downloaded but haven't used the 8.0.1 updater posted early last week, make sure you grab the most recent file, which corrects a problem with the updater itself. If you used the previous updater successfully, don't bother downloading 8.0.1A. The update to 8.0.1A fixes a number of bugs and a conflict with the StuffIt Browser in Aladdin's StuffIt Deluxe 4.5. Those upgrading to 8.0.1 should note that the Speed Doubler Updates page offers updaters for both Speed Doubler and Speed Copy. [JLC]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
- Speed Doubler 8 (27 Oct 97)