In response to our Qualcomm Buys Now Software MailBIT in TidBITS 404, Mark C. Corsi <email@example.com> writes: "In assessing the benefits of Qualcomm's acquisition of Now Software, you overlook Now Contact and Now Up-to-Date. My guess is that Qualcomm will develop these two products further and integrate then with the Eudora, Eudora Internet Mail Server, and Qualcomm's WorldMail servers. Scheduling and calendaring are starting to become a part of the corporate network solution. A calendaring and scheduling standard is being developed by the IETF, and should be ready in a year or so (a conservative guess on my part). Additionally, remember that Qualcomm's Eudora division is competing with Netscape, Microsoft and Lotus (among others), all of whom have a calendaring solution."
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- Qualcomm Buys Now Software (10 Nov 97)