Hit the Road, Jack -- In NetBITS-009, Jim Heid reports from the roads of rural United States that the Internet is not only appearing in remote areas, it is fulfilling the promise of bringing people closer together. That issue also explores the bandwidth capabilities of residential phone lines and options for viewing the Web offline. To subscribe to NetBITS, send email to <email@example.com>. [JLC]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.