Script Software International this week announced the release of the multiple clipboard utility CopyPaste 4.0.2, a major upgrade from version 3.2.2, reviewed in CopyPaste: A Scoffer No More (TidBITS 364). New features include a CopyPaste Palette that provides visual access to ten clipboards plus all other CopyPaste features, support for drag & drop of items onto the CopyPaste Palette, and the capability to view and modify clipboards. Also new are tools that can convert back and forth between special characters and HTML entities, wrap text at 60 characters for email formatting, and convert short dates to long date formats.
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- CopyPaste: A Scoffer No More (03 Feb 97)