In response to "Apple Store Reality Check" in TidBITS 410, Sean Carte writes, "In your article regarding the Apple Store, you don't mention its value as a source of information. By encouraging customers to configure their own Macs on the site, Apple receives direct feedback regarding which features customers really want and which they consider superfluous. According to Apple representatives at the recent Masters of Media roadshow, BMW has found this sort of feedback from their own Web site invaluable; I'm sure Apple will as well."
Fill in Gaps in Pear Note
If you ever find yourself zoning out during a meeting or class, only later to realize that you forgot to take notes for 20 minutes, Pear Note makes it easy to fill in those gaps. To do so:
- Open your Pear Note document.
- Hit play.
- Click on the last text you did type to jump to that point in the recording.
- Click the lock to unlock the text of the note.
- Take notes on the part you missed.
Your new notes will be synced to the recording just as if you'd taken them live with the rest of your notes.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- Apple Store Reality Check (15 Dec 97)