Macworld Expo This Week -- Various members of the TidBITS staff will be at Macworld Expo in San Francisco this week, so email replies may be delayed. We'll try to post updates about the most exciting things we see during the week, and in the next TidBITS issue we'll cover what was really important at the show. If you plan to attend or just want a sense of how the show has been in previous years, check out Jeff Carlson's "Impressions of a Macworld Newbie" in TidBITS-362 from Macworld San Francisco last year, and Tonya's "Macworld Expo: Planning for a Shopping Frenzy" in TidBITS-391 from the last Macworld Boston. Of course, searching for "Macworld Expo" in our search engine will also reveal lots of old show news. [ACE]
Add Notes to Pre-existing Recordings in Pear Note
While most people think of Pear Note as a tool for recording notes live, it can be used to take notes on pre-existing recordings as well. If you have an audio or video recording that you'd like to take notes on in Pear Note, simply:
- Drag the audio/video file to Pear Note and import it into a new document.
- Hit play.
- Click the lock to unlock the text of the note.
Now you can take notes that will be synced to the recording, just as if you'd recorded them live.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Published in TidBITS 411.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Microsoft Sponsoring TidBITS
- NewsHopper Becomes Defunct
- Conflict Catcher Boosted to 4.1
- MRJ 2.0 Released
- Connectix Readies VPC Update, Surf Express
- Apple Store Provides Feedback
- Apple Store Contributing More Profit (Correction)
- Macworld Expo Events
- Plug into Macworld
- PalmPilot, Part 1: Hopelessly Devoted