Qualcomm has finalized Eudora Pro 4.0 for the Macintosh (see our review of Eudora Pro 3.0 in TidBITS 357). A demo (6 MB download) is available now, and the full product will be available for sale soon. New features include background sending and receiving of email, improved interface aesthetics, a Make Filter command that simplifies filter creation, dockable windows, and numerous minor tweaks. Qualcomm also added support for Internet standards such as LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol, an up-and-coming directory services protocol), ACAP (Application Configuration Access Protocol, which enables system administrators to configure Eudora automatically from a server), and viewing and composing of M/HTML messages that include HTML formatting and graphics. This version still lacks IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol, an alternate way of retrieving email that's popular in large organizations); IMAP support is slated for version 4.1. Eudora Light remains at version 3.1.3 for now.
- VMware Fusion 6.0.3 and Fusion 6.0.3 Professional
- DEVONagent Lite, Express, and Pro 3.8
- DEVONthink and DEVONnote 2.7.5
- OmniOutliner 4.0.5
- 1Password 4.3
- AirPort Base Station Firmware Update 7.7.3
- Paprika 2.0.3
- Security Update 2014-002 (Mavericks, Mountain Lion, and Lion)
- Microsoft Office 2011 14.4.1
- Adobe Flash Player 22.214.171.124
Printing onto Forms from Preview
Having trouble accurately printing onto pre-printed forms from Preview? First, save your file as a PDF and review it carefully onscreen, then choose Print. Next, within Preview's Print dialog, under Scaling options, select "No automatic page scaling," to ensure proper alignment with the pre-printed form.
- Why I Still Live at the P.O. (or, Eudora Lives!) (09 Dec 96)