Free Netscape -- In a move aimed at stemming the gains Microsoft Internet Explorer has made in the Web browser market, Netscape Communications announced last week that it is making Netscape Navigator and Netscape Communicator Standard Edition free (Netscape Communicator Professional Edition costs $29). In a related announcement, Netscape launched an "Unlimited Distribution" program that allows computer makers, ISPs, content providers, publishers, and others to download and redistribute Netscape Navigator and Communicator for free. Finally, Netscape said it would make the source code to the next version of Netscape Communicator available for free on the Internet for modification and redistribution. These are bold moves but may be necessary for a company that industry juggernaut Microsoft has targeted as direct competition. [ACE]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.