Conflict Catcher Updated -- Casady & Greene has released Conflict Catcher 4.1.1, a minor update to the month-old Conflict Catcher 4.1. Version 4.1 added new features to the already-powerful extension manager along with the capability to work under Mac OS 8.1. As it turned out, Conflict Catcher 4.1 could also identify certain system-related files in 8.1 as having damaged resources. (In fact, the "damage" was cosmetic in that the resource forks were 11 bytes larger than they should have been.) Version 4.1.1 adds a handful of small tweaks, and - as anyone checking out the Casady & Greene Web site today will not miss - the capability to remove those extra 11 bytes. The update is free to owners of Conflict Catcher 4 and the download comes in around 875K. [TJE]
Expand Finder Columns Quickly
Column view in the Finder is great for navigating through your disk's hierarchy, but the columns often aren't wide enough to show the full names of all the files. To expand a column to a width that will show all file names in their entirety, double-click the handle that you would normally drag to expand or shrink the column. To expand all the visible columns to that width, Option-double-click the handle.
Published in TidBITS 415.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Claris to Restructure as FileMaker, Inc.
- English Eudora Pro 4.0 to Be Available Overseas
- Frontier 5.0 Ships
- HFS Plus Utilities Available for Online Purchase
- APS Files Chapter 11, Expects to Emerge Soon
- KeyQuencer Upgraded to 2.5
- Immortalize Yourself in the Macintosh Bible
- OT 1.3 & Single-Link Multihoming
- Quark Security Zaps Legit Users
- Macworld Geek Party Guide