Conflict Catcher Updated -- Casady & Greene has released Conflict Catcher 4.1.1, a minor update to the month-old Conflict Catcher 4.1. Version 4.1 added new features to the already-powerful extension manager along with the capability to work under Mac OS 8.1. As it turned out, Conflict Catcher 4.1 could also identify certain system-related files in 8.1 as having damaged resources. (In fact, the "damage" was cosmetic in that the resource forks were 11 bytes larger than they should have been.) Version 4.1.1 adds a handful of small tweaks, and - as anyone checking out the Casady & Greene Web site today will not miss - the capability to remove those extra 11 bytes. The update is free to owners of Conflict Catcher 4 and the download comes in around 875K. [TJE]
Set Hotkeys in TextExpander
Don’t just save keystrokes, save mouse clicks when using TextExpander by setting up customizable keyboard shortcuts, or hotkeys, for functions like Enable/Disable TextExpander, Search Snippets, and more. To set your hotkey combinations:
- Open TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Press the Click to Set Hotkey button next to function you want.
- Press the keys of your preferred hotkey combination when prompted.
Published in TidBITS 415.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Claris to Restructure as FileMaker, Inc.
- English Eudora Pro 4.0 to Be Available Overseas
- Frontier 5.0 Ships
- HFS Plus Utilities Available for Online Purchase
- APS Files Chapter 11, Expects to Emerge Soon
- KeyQuencer Upgraded to 2.5
- Immortalize Yourself in the Macintosh Bible
- OT 1.3 & Single-Link Multihoming
- Quark Security Zaps Legit Users
- Macworld Geek Party Guide