Immortalize Yourself in the Macintosh Bible -- Do you have a great tip relating to the Macintosh? The people who create the Macintosh Bible want to know about it for possible inclusion in the seventh edition, and they'll give you a brush with fame by placing your name in the book's acknowledgments. If you visit The Tipster Web site, you can submit your tip and check out the tip of the week. The Macintosh Bible is a venerable favorite in the Macintosh world; TidBITS last reviewed it in "Peachpit Updates the Bible" in TidBITS-343. [TJE]
Expand Finder Columns Quickly
Column view in the Finder is great for navigating through your disk's hierarchy, but the columns often aren't wide enough to show the full names of all the files. To expand a column to a width that will show all file names in their entirety, double-click the handle that you would normally drag to expand or shrink the column. To expand all the visible columns to that width, Option-double-click the handle.
- Peachpit Updates the Bible (02 Sep 96)
Published in TidBITS 415.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Claris to Restructure as FileMaker, Inc.
- English Eudora Pro 4.0 to Be Available Overseas
- Frontier 5.0 Ships
- HFS Plus Utilities Available for Online Purchase
- APS Files Chapter 11, Expects to Emerge Soon
- KeyQuencer Upgraded to 2.5
- Conflict Catcher Updated
- OT 1.3 & Single-Link Multihoming
- Quark Security Zaps Legit Users
- Macworld Geek Party Guide