Immortalize Yourself in the Macintosh Bible -- Do you have a great tip relating to the Macintosh? The people who create the Macintosh Bible want to know about it for possible inclusion in the seventh edition, and they'll give you a brush with fame by placing your name in the book's acknowledgments. If you visit The Tipster Web site, you can submit your tip and check out the tip of the week. The Macintosh Bible is a venerable favorite in the Macintosh world; TidBITS last reviewed it in "Peachpit Updates the Bible" in TidBITS-343. [TJE]
File Email with a Key in Apple Mail
In Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger or later, you can use the simple and fun MsgFiler Mail plug-in to file Mail messages using keyboard shortcuts.
New in Apple Mail 4 (the 10.6 Snow Leopard version), to assign a keyboard shortcut to any mailbox on the Move To or Copy To submenu, you can also open the Keyboard pane of System Preferences, click Keyboard Shortcuts, and select Application Shortcuts in the list on the left. Click the + button, choose Mail from the Application pop-up menu, type the name of the mailbox in the Menu Title field, click in the Keyboard Shortcut field, and press the keystroke combination you want to use. Then click Add.
- Peachpit Updates the Bible (02 Sep 96)
Published in TidBITS 415.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Claris to Restructure as FileMaker, Inc.
- English Eudora Pro 4.0 to Be Available Overseas
- Frontier 5.0 Ships
- HFS Plus Utilities Available for Online Purchase
- APS Files Chapter 11, Expects to Emerge Soon
- KeyQuencer Upgraded to 2.5
- Conflict Catcher Updated
- OT 1.3 & Single-Link Multihoming
- Quark Security Zaps Legit Users
- Macworld Geek Party Guide