Speed Doubler 8.1 Coming in March -- Connectix has posted a Speed Doubler 8.1 FAQ that explains why Speed Doubler 8.0 and 8.0.1 don't work with Mac OS 8.1 and claims that a free update will be available in March. In short, the differences between Mac OS 8.0 and 8.1 are sufficiently great that Connectix designed Speed Doubler to disable any of its components that could cause conflicts under Mac OS 8.1. [ACE]
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree