As promised, Connectix has released the English language version of Speed Doubler 8.1, a update to its performance-enhancement and utility package that's compatible with Mac OS 8.1. New features in Speed Doubler 8.1 include the ability to leave the Speed Doubler 8.1 application running (which avoids delays when it copies files or empties the trash), and the Hot Keys automation feature can mount a remote volume and open disks or folders. The update also features improved file copy performance and compatibility with Macintosh Extended Format volumes (see "All About Macintosh Extended Format" in TidBITS 414). Connectix says international versions of Speed Doubler 8.1 will become available soon, depending in part on Apple's release of international versions of Mac OS 8.1. The Speed Doubler 8.1 Updater is a 476K download; a separate updater is available for Speed Doubler 8's version of Speed Copy for network servers.
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
- Hazel 3.3.7
- 1Password 6.0.2
- Carbon Copy Cloner 4.1.7
- Final Cut Pro X 10.2.3, Motion 5.2.3, Compressor 4.2.2
- Banktivity 5.6.5 (formerly iBank)
- DEVONthink/DEVONnote 2.8.9
- Tweetbot 2.3.3
- Little Snitch 3.6.3
- Printer Drivers for Gestetner, Lanier, NRG, Savin, and Xerox Printers
- Lightroom CC 2015.4 and Lightroom 6.4
- All About Macintosh Extended Format (HFS Plus) (26 Jan 98)