Connectix Releases Speed Doubler 8.1 -- Connectix has released Speed Doubler 8.1, an update to the performance-enhancement and utility package that's compatible with Mac OS 8.1. New features include the ability to leave Speed Doubler running (avoiding delays when it copies files or empties the trash) and the Hot Keys automation feature can mount a remote volume and open disks or folders. The update also features improved file copy performance and compatibility with Macintosh Extended Format volumes (see "All About Macintosh Extended Format" in TidBITS-414). Connectix says international versions of Speed Doubler 8.1 will be available soon, depending in part on Apple's release of international versions of Mac OS 8.1. The Speed Doubler 8.1 Updater is a 476K download; a separate updater is available for Speed Doubler 8's version of Speed Copy for network servers. [GD]
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree
- All About Macintosh Extended Format (HFS Plus) (26 Jan 98)
Connectix Releases Speed Doubler 8.1
to your own drives, computers, and online with unlimited storage.
With unlimited online backup, this is one resolution you can keep.
Save 10% and back up your life today! <http://tid.bl.it/cptidbits>