StarNine Goes Supernova with WebSTAR 3.0 -- StarNine Technologies last week released WebSTAR 3.0, a major upgrade to the company's popular Web server. WebSTAR 3.0 adds FTP and proxy servers; built-in search capabilities; IP multihoming and virtual domain support; a revamped WebSTAR Administrative application that works over an encrypted TCP/IP connection; and interestingly, language-based routing that reads a Web browser's language setting and serves appropriate content for that language. WebSTAR 3.0 is priced at $499; upgrades cost $199 for users of WebSTAR 2.x and $299 for users of WebSTAR 1.x. Upgrades are free for those who purchased WebSTAR on or after 15-Nov-97, and discounts are also available on WebSTAR and other products as part of StarNine's Bundle Up program. A 30-day evaluation copy of WebSTAR 3.0 is available as a 14 MB download. [ACE]
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software