Global Village Sells Modem Business to Boca Research -- Last week, Global Village Communications announced plans to sell its entire modem business - including hardware, software, inventory, OEM agreements, and the Global Village name - to Boca Research for $10 million in cash and notes, plus a warrant for Boca to purchase up to 425,000 shares of Global Village stock. Boca plans to support current Global Village customers and develop new communications products under the Global Village name; meanwhile, Global Village will be renamed and focus on integrated communications servers for small and medium-sized offices. [GD]
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree
Global Village Sells Modem Business to Boca Research
to your own drives, friends, and online with unlimited storage.
With 30 days free, backing up is one resolution you can keep.
Your life is digital; back it up! <http://tid.bl.it/code42-tb>