Users of PageSpinner, a user-friendly HTML editor, should note Optima System's new Site Assistant 1.0, a PageSpinner extension that streamlines site-related operations. Features include quick image insertion, uploading multiple pages via Anarchie or Fetch, and page archiving. Site Assistant tracks settings for up to twenty sites and displays the currently active site in a limited Finder list-like view. Site Assistant also offers a rudimentary multi-file Search & Replace command. Although Site Assistant should prove handy for running small sites, it's not fast enough to handle large sites and not up to power user standards in some areas; in particular the Search & Replace feature lacks basic options like searching for only whole words or approving changes individually. Site Assistant is free to registered users of the $25 PageSpinner. To learn more about PageSpinner, see "Spinning the Web Part I: Trade-Offs and PageSpinner" in TidBITS 384.
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software