Users of PageSpinner, a user-friendly HTML editor, should note Optima System's new Site Assistant 1.0, a PageSpinner extension that streamlines site-related operations. Features include quick image insertion, uploading multiple pages via Anarchie or Fetch, and page archiving. Site Assistant tracks settings for up to twenty sites and displays the currently active site in a limited Finder list-like view. Site Assistant also offers a rudimentary multi-file Search & Replace command. Although Site Assistant should prove handy for running small sites, it's not fast enough to handle large sites and not up to power user standards in some areas; in particular the Search & Replace feature lacks basic options like searching for only whole words or approving changes individually. Site Assistant is free to registered users of the $25 PageSpinner. To learn more about PageSpinner, see "Spinning the Web Part I: Trade-Offs and PageSpinner" in TidBITS 384.
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard