CE Sells QuickConference -- CE Software has announced that the Iowa-based Prairie Group will take over development and sales of QuickConference IP, instant messaging software that evolved from CE's long-standing QuickMail email software. QuickConference IP, which Prairie Group plans to ship on 01-May-98, uses TCP/IP to enable users of Mac OS, Windows NT, and Windows 95 to exchange instant messages on local networks or over the Internet. CE veteran and well-known Mac developer Don Brown, now at Prairie Group, will spearhead continued development of the software, which will cost of $119.95 for a five-user license. [MHA]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard