Quicken Speeds Back to Mac -- Less than three weeks after Intuit publicly discontinued further development of Quicken for the Macintosh (see "Financial Competition?" in TidBITS-427), Apple and Intuit have announced a recommitment to future versions of the financial-management software. According to a joint press release, Intuit changed its mind after learning Apple's plans for the consumer market, which has been stagnant in recent months due to Apple's focus on high-end Power Mac G3 machines. In fact, Quicken 98 Deluxe will ship with Apple's forthcoming consumer-oriented iMac. Intuit will continue to promote Quicken 98 and plans to ship a new version of Quicken in 1999. In addition, Intuit will continue to create Web-based features for Mac users. [JLC]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard