Antitrust Lawsuits Filed Against Microsoft -- After settlement talks collapsed this weekend, the United States Department of Justice and 20 states have filed closely related antitrust lawsuits against Microsoft. The lawsuits allege that Microsoft has illegally exploited its dominant position in operating systems to extend that dominance into the Internet software market. In addition, the lawsuit filed by the states accuses Microsoft of unfairly using its position to promote Microsoft Office at the expense of competitors. Microsoft has said that it will fight the charges in court, although Microsoft chairman Bill Gates also said the company is still open to settling. For more details, see ZDNet's "Special Report: U.S. v. Microsoft." [ACE]
Search Snippets on the Fly in TextExpander
Have a large number of snippets and can't remember them all your abbreviations? Use TextExpander's Suggest Matching Abbreviations search feature. It makes finding your snippets fast and simple.
Set your hotkey combination by going to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys. Once it's set, to use the Suggest Matching Abbreviations hotkey combination:
- Type a few characters of your snippet or its abbreviation.
- Press your hotkey combination immediately after typing the characters. (Don't enter a space before pressing the hotkey combination.)
- A popup menu appears with all snippets that contain the characters you typed. Scroll through them and click the one you want.
Other articles in the series Playing Monopoly!
- Microsoft Settles with AOL for $750 Million (02 Jun 03)
- Final Judgment in Microsoft Antitrust Case (04 Nov 02)
- Was Bill Gates Lying? (29 Apr 02)
- Proposed Microsoft Settlement Rejected (14 Jan 02)
- Into the Briar Patch: Microsoft's Self-Serving Settlement (03 Dec 01)
- Government Drops Microsoft Breakup Effort (10 Sep 01)
- Microsoft Appeals Monopoly Ruling to Supreme Court (13 Aug 01)
- Breaking Up Is Hard to Do (02 Jul 01)
- Judge Orders Microsoft Breakup; Company to Appeal (12 Jun 00)
- Microsoft Violated Anti-Trust Laws (03 Apr 00)
- Judge Finds Microsoft a Monopoly (08 Nov 99)
- Microsoft Treading Antitrust Waters? (25 Mar 91)
- Microsoft and Intuit Terminate Merger (22 May 95)
- Truth, Justice, and the American Way (01 May 95)
- Can't Buy Me Love - Microsoft Antitrust Ruling (20 Feb 95)
- Who Do You Antitrust? Part 2 (23 Nov 98)
- Who Do You Antitrust? Part 1 (16 Nov 98)
- Microsoft Antitrust Case to Supreme Court (26 Jun 00)
Published in TidBITS 430.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Farewell MacWEEK, Welcome e/media Weekly
- Internet Explorer 4.01: Faster, More Stable
- New Photoshop 5 Learns to Edit Type
- CyberStudio 3 Goes Live
- Apple Logo Losing Its Colors
- AutoShare 2.3 Released
- Crossed Chips and Cables
- Apple Revises QuickTime 3 Licensing
- Look Different: Excellence in Apple Design
- Mac OS X: Rhapsody a Mac Developer Could Love