Antitrust Lawsuits Filed Against Microsoft -- After settlement talks collapsed this weekend, the United States Department of Justice and 20 states have filed closely related antitrust lawsuits against Microsoft. The lawsuits allege that Microsoft has illegally exploited its dominant position in operating systems to extend that dominance into the Internet software market. In addition, the lawsuit filed by the states accuses Microsoft of unfairly using its position to promote Microsoft Office at the expense of competitors. Microsoft has said that it will fight the charges in court, although Microsoft chairman Bill Gates also said the company is still open to settling. For more details, see ZDNet's "Special Report: U.S. v. Microsoft." [ACE]
Type an em-dash on an iPhone
Typography and punctuation geeks rejoice! It's easy to type an em-dash on the iPhone's or iPod touch's virtual keyboard. To do so, tap the .?123 key to switch to the numeric keypad. Then touch and hold on the Hyphen key to reveal a pop-up strip showing an em-dash. Slide to the em-dash and release your finger.
Note that this basic trick works with many other keys on the virtual keyboard.
Other articles in the series Playing Monopoly!
- Microsoft Settles with AOL for $750 Million (02 Jun 03)
- Final Judgment in Microsoft Antitrust Case (04 Nov 02)
- Was Bill Gates Lying? (29 Apr 02)
- Proposed Microsoft Settlement Rejected (14 Jan 02)
- Into the Briar Patch: Microsoft's Self-Serving Settlement (03 Dec 01)
- Government Drops Microsoft Breakup Effort (10 Sep 01)
- Microsoft Appeals Monopoly Ruling to Supreme Court (13 Aug 01)
- Breaking Up Is Hard to Do (02 Jul 01)
- Judge Orders Microsoft Breakup; Company to Appeal (12 Jun 00)
- Microsoft Violated Anti-Trust Laws (03 Apr 00)
- Judge Finds Microsoft a Monopoly (08 Nov 99)
- Microsoft Treading Antitrust Waters? (25 Mar 91)
- Microsoft and Intuit Terminate Merger (22 May 95)
- Truth, Justice, and the American Way (01 May 95)
- Can't Buy Me Love - Microsoft Antitrust Ruling (20 Feb 95)
- Who Do You Antitrust? Part 2 (23 Nov 98)
- Who Do You Antitrust? Part 1 (16 Nov 98)
- Microsoft Antitrust Case to Supreme Court (26 Jun 00)
Published in TidBITS 430.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Farewell MacWEEK, Welcome e/media Weekly
- Internet Explorer 4.01: Faster, More Stable
- New Photoshop 5 Learns to Edit Type
- CyberStudio 3 Goes Live
- Apple Logo Losing Its Colors
- AutoShare 2.3 Released
- Crossed Chips and Cables
- Apple Revises QuickTime 3 Licensing
- Look Different: Excellence in Apple Design
- Mac OS X: Rhapsody a Mac Developer Could Love
Antitrust Lawsuits Filed Against Microsoft
your PDFs, fill and sign forms, and even export PDFs to Word format.
Signing is now easier, you can view the OCR text layer, and more.
Try editing your PDFs today! <http://smle.us/pdfpen-7-tb>